It’s been a little bit since I have posted on here because things have just been absolutely crazy lately! I have missed this! My sweet hubby injured his back and was pretty out of commission. With a 6 month old, my hands have been very full. Then, Nashville was sadly hit with a tornado where many people lost everything, including the loss of life. My husband’s office was right in the path of the storm and was completely demolished. He has been scrambling trying to set up a home office on the fly. There just has been so much going on that my attention has been required in other areas, but I am ready to get back to normal and back to posting! #2020youcray!
I wanted to jump right in with a beauty review because I just love beauty reviews so much! I think we can all agree that 2019 was the year of the lash-am I right? People seem to apply the old saying “the bigger the better” when it comes to lashes these days, and I am here for it! Lash extensions and lash lifts are all the rage, but they are very expensive and time consuming! Since big ole lashes have definitely found their way into 2020, I thought I would compare two different lash primers! I can say without hesitation that lash primers make a HUGE difference in how voluminous and long your lashes will look when you apply mascara. I actually wore mascara today with no primer, and wow, what a difference! I have two primers that I switch between, so I thought I would compare them! One is drug store and one is high end. Click here to purchase the primers and also my current favorite mascara: http://www.shopstyle.com/shop/shoppingwithsum.
Okay now on to the comparison!
1. Urban Decay Subversion Primer
Pros: I absolutely love this product! I truly do go back and forth between the two, but at the end of the day this one has a slight edge.
- My lashes feel overall more voluminous with this product.
- They stay curled longer and don’t seem to fall as much.
- My lashes seem stiffer and not as soft with this product. This may not sound like a selling point, but for me it is because it helps them to stay “up” and not fall as the day goes on.
- I can use one coat of mascara with this product.
- More expensive (it’s $22)
- One tube doesn’t seem to last as long
- The product seems to gunk up around the top where it screws into the bottom.
- You have to purchase this at Ulta or Sephora, so it’s not as convenient to just grab when you’re at the grocery store or drug store already.
2. Loreal Voluminous Primer:
I have literally used this product since high school (and that is a LONG time people).
- Very affordable and convenient (this one is $8.99)
- Goes on very easily and smoothly-easy to apply
- It provides much more volume than just mascara alone.
- Doesnt gunk up around the top!
- One tube will last a really long time
- Doesn’t provide quite as much volume as Subversion
- Thinner product so my lashes don’t curl quite as much with this
- My lashes seem to fall flat quicker
- I need to apply 2 coats of mascara with this primer instead of just one with the other primer.
Overall, I really love both of these products and have re-purchased them over and over. You honestly can’t really go wrong either way! If you are a makeup lover like me and don’t mind spending a little more cash, then go for the Urban Decay. But, if you just want to try it out first and don’t want to shell out a lot of money, then definitely try the Loreal Voluminous primer. Either way, just use a primer and thank me later! There are so many products out there promising to make a difference but this one actually does!!