Let’s be honest here, 2020 hasn’t been the best year for most people. It’s been crazy all the way around, and a global pandemic is just the icing on the cake. We are all still dealing with the dreaded coronavirus and it has inevitably affected every single person’s life in one way or another. So, lets all try to laugh (when we can) to keep from crying and try to find the bright side. For me, Fall is always the bright side. I love Fall! I love Fall fashion, Fall candles, cool crisp air, pumpkin everything and all of the other basic things you associate with this time of year. I get excited every single year to stock my closet with fall goodness. Also, every single year I say that I am not buying any more sweaters because it doesn’t get that cold where I live, but alas I have already bought several this year so what are you going to do?
Now I am not Vogue magazine, but I have seen several trends for the upcoming season that I love! I was searching around for Fall trends recently and I found things like wearing a veil, everyday wedding dresses and so on. I will not be sharing these kinds of trends. I am sharing wearable things that I personally love! Some are trends that are hanging around from last year and some are new to this lovely year!
1. Tops and dresses with details including a high neck or wide overstated collar: This is one of the trends that I am the most excited for! I always tend to swoon over clothes that look like they could have been worn in another time when ladies wore corsets and there was no such term as “athleisure”. So I am here for this trend. For me, this is a look that I love all the time, but if it just something you want to try out, I suggest shopping somewhere like H&M or Target so you don’t break the bank .This way if you don’t wear these pieces next year, you are not out a ton of money.
Shop these looks here: http://liketk.it/2UVWw
2. Puff sleeves: This is another trend that I love. I have been rocking the puff sleeves all Summer long and I tend to continue right into Fall.Shop these fun puff sleeve look here: http://liketk.it/2UVWW
3. Fun sneakers: Golden Goose sneakers were literally everywhere last year. Some people loved them and some hated them, but either way there is no denying that they set the scene to wear sneakers with everything from jeans to dresses. If you don’t want to pay an arm and a leg for the designer, destructed version, there are a million cute options available.
Shop these sneakers here: http://liketk.it/2UVXh
4. High waisted jeans: This is a trend that took me a little bit of time to come around to. These can look awkward if not done right. I find that my favorite way to wear them is with a simple puff sleeve white top tucked in. If you are more daring, they look adorable with a crop top and a cardigan for Fall.
Shop these jeans here: http://liketk.it/2UVXJ
5. Equestrian Influence: This is a look that can be classic and elegant, but can also read costume if overdone. As someone who grew up riding and showing horses, this equestrian vibe takes me back to my childhood and I love it!
Shop the equestrian look here: http://http;//liketk.it/2UVXV
These are just a few of the styles that I think will be popular this Fall. Other trends seem to be fringe, oversized ponchos, jewel tones, shearling and lots of leather. One thing I know is that in today’s world, really anything goes. Its fun to participate in some trends here and there but at the end of the day you just have to wear what makes you happy! If you see me I will probably be wearing a dress that makes you want to sing “Home on the Range” and I am totally okay with that!