Valentine’s Day is one of those holidays that some people love and some people think is a totally silly, made up day created to sell overpriced roses. I personally think it is a lot of fun and I will take any chance to celebrate a day centered around pink hearts, chocolate candy and flowers. If you are celebrating Valentine’s Day, Galentine’s Day or anything similar, here are some fun ways to celebrate! Check out my fun Valentine’s Day ideas!
Gift Guide: My husband and I don’t usually go all out with gifts for Valentine’s Day but in case you need a few fun ideas for the special someone, or best friend in your life! SHOP GIFT GUIDE HERE: http://liketk.it/370iI.
Obviously Covid has probably put a damper on your plans this year. We usually go out to a nice dinner to celebrate, but this year we are not really comfortable eating in restaurants. If you are in the same boat, here are a few activities you can do instead of eating out!
- Try a new recipe at home! Make it super easy and do personalized, home made pizzas! These are always so fun, and let’s be honest, who doesn’t love pizza! Here is a recipe to try: https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/homemade-pizza-crust-recipe/. Make your dough, add your favorite ingredients and go! Try a new topping like pepperoni drizzled with hot honey…oh my gosh its so good! SHOP HOT HONEY HERE: http://LIKETK.IT/355kM.
- Have a game night! This could be super fun with just you and your honey, or invite a few close friends (socially distanced and not too many)! Some fun games to try: “That’s what she said party game” or “What do you meme”? CHECK THEM OUT HERE: http://LIKETK.IT370eO.
- Watch a movie that neither of you have seen! Pop some popcorn, grab the Twizzlers and hit play. Some movies I love that would be great for Valentine’s Day are: “Crazy, Stupid Love”, “Stranger than Fiction”, or “About Time”.
- Bake something fun! Even if you are on the healthy train, it’s fun to indulge once in a while! Try this: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/11116/cream-cheese-sugar-cookies/.
- Get out and play tourist in your own town! Some of my favorite days are days where we just get in the car and drive. We don’t have anywhere specific to go or any time to be there. It’s amazing the things you notice in your city on a leisurely drive that you otherwise overlook! Also, this can make for some really fun conversation!
- Set up a wine tasting at home. You go out and pick a few new wines to try and whoever you are celebrating with can do the same! Grab some cheese and get a little tipsy while you discover some new wines!
- Have an at home spa night! Grab some face masks ( I love these:http://liketk.it/370dt ) or some new nail polish and use this as an excuse to pamper yourself!
What to Wear: Whether you are staying in or venturing out, I have you covered! Everything listed is cute, comfortable and festive! You can SHOP THESE LOOKS HERE: http://LIKETK.IT/370id.
Now that you have some ideas of what to do and what to wear, I hope you are excited about celebrating! Holidays like Valentine’s Day don’t have to be a big deal! Just use it as an excuse to go on a date with your honey or spend some time with your BFF! We could all use some happy in our lives so why not do it on a day centered around love!