I think it is safe to say that 2020 challenged us in so many ways, including how we think about style. I never thought I would be writing a blog post on 7 different ways to style joggers. I have mentioned so many times that I have never been one to gravitate towards casual styles and prior to 2020, I would never leave home in anything remotely close to athleisure. I sometimes envied other gals who were going about their day looking so relaxed in their leggings, but even still, it just wasn’t for me. I still have a hard time leaving home in leggings, but I have found a compromise! For me, joggers are so comfortable but can also still look so put together!
Like everyone else, 2020 forced me to stay home a lot more than I ever really dreamed. I began to gravitate towards clothing that was practical. I still love dresses and always will, but it started getting old to look at a closet full of pretty dresses that I couldn’t wear anywhere. I love the look of joggers and started on the hunt for the perfect pair!
I knew I wanted a beige or cream colored pair, and in my mind I knew exactly how I wanted them to fit. If you have the luxury of being taller then you may not understand this fully. I found that joggers can be super challenging to find if you are short. I tried several pair and while I found some comfortable ones, I struggled to find the pair that fit just right. I didn’t want them to bunch up at the bottom, or have to be rolled over at the waist and then have some weird crotch thing happen. I also found a few that fit much more like a legging and showed every single wrinkle, roll and dimple in my legs (not cute).
One random day at Target, I walked past a pair of pretty cream joggers that I had actually seen several times and decided to add them to my cart. I am so glad I did! They are the unicorn joggers I had been searching for! My go-to look for wearing joggers in public is a white t-shirt and a denim jacket. But, I wanted to get creative and style them several ways. I pretty quickly came up with 7 ways to style joggers with things I already owned and I am loving the versatility! If you are short like me, then these joggers will rock your world!
- Joggers and a matching cardigan: This is not sold as a set, but the two matched perfectly! I love how this cardigan looks with these joggers and feels put together! This outfit doesn’t look like you just rolled out of bed. It’s stylish, cute and so comfortable! I also paired many of these outfits with my favorite Golden Goose sneakers. I recently wrote a blog post all about them and you can find it here: https://wordpress.com/post/shoppingwithsum.com/1391.
2. Joggers and a denim jacket: I mentioned this is my go-to, so I had to include it. This outfit is foolproof! It’s easy to throw on and fuss free. I styled it with some fun mules, but it would also look adorable with sneakers!
3. Joggers and a matching sweatshirt: This is another top I already owned, and it ended up matching these joggers perfectly! I love when fate steps in like that. I love this sweatshirt because it feels elevated with the fun ruffle sleeve! This is a way to feel like you are wearing pajamas but look like you put some thought into your outfit. For other fun ideas on how to style sweatshirts: https://wordpress.com/post/shoppingwithsum.com/482.
4. Joggers and a sweater front tucked: I love the casual ease of this outfit! I chose a slouchy, thinner sweater here, but literally any sweater will work for this look!
5. Joggers and a sweater not front tucked: For good measure I wanted to show how cute the same sweater looks not tucked in. I think this looks chic, and it literally doesn’t get easier than this outfit!
6. Joggers and a moto jacket: I thought it would be fun to add a little bit of edginess to the joggers. Adding a faux leather jacket totally takes the lounge feel away from these joggers and makes it a real outfit! Thank you 2020 for at least making it acceptable to call joggers a real outfit!
7. Joggers and a graphic t-shirt and cardigan: I love how this cardigan looks with these joggers. It feels effortlessly cool! Any graphic t-shirt would work here and you could use this to add some color to a neutral outfit!
I hope this gives you some ideas on how you can style jogger style pants with things you probably already own in your closet! This is a style that is so versatile, so don’t be afraid to get creative! These days, anything goes so just have fun with it and you never know what you might end up loving.